Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CBS 401K Fallout

Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey Discuss "Bank on Yourself"

Douglas Andrew - Cornelius Vanderbilt vs Amschel Rothschild

Current European Tax Rates
United Kingdom    Income Tax:   50%   VAT:   17.5%   TOTAL:   67.5%

France                Income Tax:   40%    VAT:   19.6%   TOTAL:   59.6%

Greece               Income Tax:   40%     VAT:   25%      TOTAL:   65%

Spain                 Income Tax:   45%     VAT:  16%      TOTAL:   61%

Portugal             Income Tax:   42%     VAT:   20%      TOTAL:   62%

Sweden              Income Tax:   55%     VAT:   25%      TOTAL:   80%

Norway              Income Tax:   54.3%  VAT:   25%      TOTAL:   79.3%

Netherlands        Income Tax:    52%    VAT:   19%      TOTAL:   71%

Denmark            Income Tax:   58%     VAT:   25%      TOTAL:   83%
Finland              Income Tax:   53%     VAT:   22%      TOTAL:   75%
If you've started to wonder what the real costs of socialism are going to be once the full program in these United States hits your wallet, take a look at the table. As you digest these mind-boggling figures, keep in mind that in spite of these astronomical tax rates, these countries are still not financing their social welfare programs exclusively from tax revenues! They are deeply mired in public debt of gargantuan proportions. Greece has reached the point where its debt is so huge it is in imminent danger of defaulting. That is the reason the European economic community has intervened to bail them out. If you're following the financial news, you know Spain and Portugal are right behind Greece.

The United States is now heading right down the same path. The VAT tax in the table is the national sales tax that Europeans pay. Stay tuned because that is exactly what you can expect to see the administration proposing after the fall elections. The initial percentage in the United States isn't going to be anywhere near the outrageous numbers you now see in Europe. Guess what. The current outrageous numbers in Europe didn't start out as outrageous either. They started out as minuscule, right around the 1% or 2% where they will start out in the United States. Magically, however, they ran up over the years to where they are now. Expect the same thing here.

It is the very notion that with hard work and perseverance, anybody can get ahead economically here in the USA. Do you think that can ever happen with tax rates between 60% and 80%? Think again. With the government taking that percentage of your money, your life will be exactly like life in Europe . . . You will never be able to buy a home. You will never buy a car. You will never send your children to college. Let's not shuffle the battle cry of the socialists under the rug either. It's always the same cry. Equalize income. Spread the wealth to the poor (whoever they are). Level the economic playing field.  Accomplish that and everything will be rosy.

It's time to take a really hard look at reality. Greece is a perfect example. Despite the  socialism system that has ruled this country for decades, with a  65% tax rate, they are drowning in public debt, would have  defaulted without hundreds of billions in bailout money from the  EU, and still . . .  20% of their population lives in  poverty. What has all that socialism money bought, besides ultimate power for the politicians running the show?  Do you think these people are "free?"  They're not. They are slaves to their economic "system."

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Power of Zero….as in Zero Taxes

If rate of return is important, what is the return on tax free?
Most advisors, financial gurus & TV talking heads have us convinced that rate of return is the most important factor for growing your investments and building your retirement account.

Their primary focus is on the products and “where you have your money." At Tier 1 Capital we disagree with this philosophy. By following Privatized Banking through the use of Nelson Nash’s Becoming Your Own Banker and eliminating the staggering costs of traditional financing you can dramatically increase your wealth building potential.

To illustrate this point let’s assume that we are the greatest financial planners in the world and we can get you a 100% return on your investment every single year for the next 20 years (See chart below). Comparing the growth in a tax free account and a taxable account is staggering. We’ve used tax rates of 0%, 17% and 27% respectively for 3 fictional clients. Many people are in higher tax brackets!

Now, I have performed equally well for each of these 3 clients. What’s the difference? Will getting a higher rate of return solve the problem? Absolutely not! The bigger issue is the tax paid on those gains. So, which one client would you prefer to be? Of course you'd want the tax free plan. Contact us to find out what the effective rate of return on your investments is!